Brian Lawson

Default OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 03:59:07 -0800, Grant Erwin
wrote:

Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Oh yeah, and one more thing that fuels my rage, sorta proves my point:
THE FUKN LINES AT HD!!!!
And the concommitant REFUSAL of HD management to DO anything about it!!!!
ito of adequate checkout peeple.

Actually, up here they have had self-checkout for years, you whip right through,
it's one of the few good things about that store.

Hey Grant,

Don't know where "up here" is, but we have the self-checkout's at a
couple of the local big hardware places too. It begs the question in
my mind....
If the un-scrupulous person in Harold's original post had used one of
these self-serve lanes, and scanned only what the clerk did, would
that have been shop-lifting? And if so, what if he had instead handed
the "pre-assembled" items to his wife or son or brother or friend, and
had them scan-out, while he "went-to-get-the-car"? They might have
done the same as the clerk, and would it be shop-lifting then?
Oh Harold, the moral dillema dilemma you've put us in!

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.