Lurch

Default Electrical problem

On or around Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:17:36 GMT, Lobster
mused:

Lurch wrote:
On or around Fri, 11 Nov 2005 20:37:35 +0000, --s-p-o-n-i-x--
mused:

So you are saying one RCD protects the whole house? That's a pretty
stupid idea in addition to the fact it contravenes 16th edition
regulations.

It doesn't contravene BS7671, under certain circumstances, and a
standard slit load board has one RCD covering *some* circuits, not
all. I suggest you read up on plit load boards before talking more
********.

I've seen plenty of non-split-load CU's for sale complete with RCDs at
the likes of Screwfix (eg http://tinyurl.com/bb2ej);

It's not the board itself that's against the regs, it's the
application. I've got 2 boards here with front end RCD's, I've also
got 2 with main switch incomers.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |