The Woodsmith of Mordor

Default Christmas present

Wanda Pangborn wrote:

Hey woodworkers,

"Hey"?!? Where the hell are your manners, woman? This is not your
turf, so you should have had the common courtesy to greet the regulars
here with either a formal "hello" or a casual "hi".

My husband is interested in furniture making and I think he used to
lurk this group.

*You* think? I haven't seen any evidence in this post to support your
claim.

I found it was one of the ones he subscribed to anyway.

You found it buried among the many pornographic binary groups to which
he is also subscribed? How convenient - your sex-crazed hubby hace
subbed to the mighty woodworking group to learn how to better work his
woodie!!1!

Understand forthright that I don't know anything about the wood
working biz.

Understand forthright that nobody in this newsgroup could give a ****.

I want to get him a really versatile piece of equipment

Your husband's erectile dysfunction - noted!

for Christmas.

I would suggest a new mistletoe, but it wouldn't serve any useful
purpose as long as your husband's "equipment" is out of order.

He has some kind of lathe, but I don't know what exactly it is.

Lathes are off-topic in rec.woodworking; try rec.crafts.woodturning,
and be sure to let the door hit your arse on the way out.

I know he talks about saws a lot.

You know what they say - all talk, no action. No wonder he ain't
workin' it for you, baby.

Can you guys give me a good idea what I should spend about 5-600
dollars on?

A high-end vibrator and few dozen porn DVDs.

I want him to have something nice and of quality, so it
doesn't have to be a big table saw or something. I'm wanting to get
him a quality gift he will appreciate.

When all else fails, a hummer should suffice - and I'm not talking
about the SUV. ;-)

It could even be hand tools or something.

His hands are probably tired of working his tool on a regular basis. A
battery-operated artificial vagina is what he needs!

Please let me know brand name, cost, etcetera.

REQUEST DENIED!

Thanks!

Screw you, damsel wench!

Wanda