Upscale

Default Christmas present

"J T" wrote in message
snip Can you guys give me a good idea what I should spend about 5-600
dollars on? snip

You don't buy him a damn thing. You get him a gift certficate, so
he can pick out what he actually wants. Simple.

Yeah, but you've got to make the presentation of the gift certificate
exciting. I've got a foot long piece of railroad track I occasionally use as
an anvil of sorts. More than once when I've been giving a gift certificate
or cheque or something else equally small and light, I've taped whatever it
is to the railroad track, wrapped it up and dragged it under the Christmas
tree. Whenever someone has come around to surreptitiously examine the gifts,
this present that's too heavy to pick up has always garnered the wildest
guesses.

No anvil? A piece of rock or concrete brick will do in a pinch. And Wanda,
if you've got someone who is looking for some big iron for his workshop,
something like this will fire his imagination even more.