josh

Default The Window Pros - vinyl windows

"pwh" wrote
As far as reinforcements are concerned, it seems as if they must have
something because they have a demo where they drive a car across the
windows. I know, a lot of "show" for a consumer like me who doesn't
have a lot of knowledge, but they must be pretty tough. That, along
with guaranteed to not be out of square forever (labor included in the
lifetime warranty, fully transferrable), makes me think they are
extremely rigid. Please shoot holes in my thinking though, that's what
I need someone to do. The warranty is what really impressed me. Full
lifetime warranty, against breakage even. Warranty includes parts and
labor. The only risk there seems like it's if the company would go out
of business or be purchased.

Ok, I looked at their site more closely. I'm more surprised at what I didn't
find, than what I did find.

There's absolutely no mention, how long this company has been in business.
Given this, how can they warranty for a lifetime, if they won't mention how
long they've been around?

I had to chuckle about driving a car across a window, how many cars do you
expect to drive across your home? I do believe, just about any frame would
hold up for at least one time, from any manufacturer.

Fusion welded windows are really common, they will break, if the window was
ordered to tight, or the window was forced into an out of square opening.
Proper measurement for openings, are a must. Proper installation is the key,
along with proper finishing/trimming out of the install.

They have absolutely no specifications for their products.
Architects/Remodelers/Builders demand specifications from manufacturers, not
empty promises posted on the net, claiming to have a miracle product.

Not sure what the balances are? Can anyone educate me?

Balances are what controls the up/down movement. You don't want the window
to fly up with just a touch, but you don't want to struggle opening it. Same
with the closing procedure. You also want the window to stay put, if you
open/close it just a bit, you don't want slippage.

Can you explain why the mention of miracle glass is a red flag? Don't
know a lot about this and am looking for anything I can.

Thanks a ton!

You wanted words of advice, I don't believe I told you anything you wanted
to hear.
I would be looking elsewhere.