Default Propane space heater / regulator question

Bought a 10,000 BTU Blue Flame heater as a backup for my 1200s/f home.
I intentionally undersized btw..
I yanked the regulator / hose from my bbq to see how the unit behaves
and
performs.. nicely..
I went out and picked up a new 40lb (10 gal) tank, had it purged and
filled
and swapped it for the 20lb BBQ tank.
I cant get the unit to run.. Pilot lights but blows out by itself after
a few
seconds.. I suspect its a pressure issue, but am unsure.

Does a 40lb tank have a different PSI than a standard 20lb BBQ tank?
If so, does the "run of the mill" BBQ regulator do something different
with the 40lb tank? Is my old BBQ regulator shot?

Swapping back to the 20lb and no problems.

Thanks !