Tom Warner

Default Major Screwup by Gas Company - House Explodes

CKI wrote:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

A demonstration of why I'm happy we use heat pumps in our home occurred
yesterday when a house in the next town to ours was destroyed by a gas
explosion.

The news reports today said that the gas company (Keyspan) admitted that
some kind of goof caused high pressure gas to be fed into to low
pressure gas mains, with not unexpected results.

http://tinyurl.com/bdupq

Nuff said,

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

The house would have to be permeated with gas for an explosion like this.
The owners had to be out to lunch or out of town.

This is still preliminary, but apparently they heard a bang, smelled gas, and
the son came outside. The explosion occured almost immediately after this, I
think the timeline was very very short. I think the mother was already
outside raking leaves, nobody else was home. They are lucky it happen in the
daytime, there were no serious injuries.