Default Historic electronics

Jasen Betts wrote:
On 2005-10-16, Tim Rogers wrote:

Hi I'm wondering if any of the members here can help.

I'm trying to find out if there is a technical or trade name for the digital
countdown instrument seen in the old test videos counting the final seconds
to a detonation. I don't mean the whole piece of apparatus but rather the
small round indicator that counted down the seconds . The numbers seemed to
be made of little dots and were a red/orange colour. Was it an early LED of
some kind?

nixie tube? - bu they weren't dots, more a tube with wire shapes for each
digit

Bye.
Jasen

sometimes mechanical displays were used too, with numbers driven by a
solenoid. Less likely if it was a neon colour though.

NT