James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default jointer

"Dr. Deb" wrote in message
I am being seriously tempted to replace my HF 4" jointer (good little
jointer, but like all HF jointers, lousy fence) with a 6" and am looking
at
both the Grizzly (great price) and the Sunhill. Does anyone have any
input
on which would be the better choice?

Thanks

Deb

I've got the Sunhill 6" (it's actually got a nameplate of GeeTech I think).
It's worked very well for me and I'm still quite happy with it.
Everything was pretty well setup out of the crate and I've had no problems
with it. Well, I've had one problem. I find that enough times to be
frustrating, I need an extra inch or so of bed (width wise). I'm currently
looking at the Grizzly G0586 and trying to justify just how I'm gonna buy
this thing (I'd be selling the Sunhill....you wouldn't happen to be near NM
would you?). All in all, I've been happy with the Sunhill but that being
said, I've also been happy with my Grizzly Bandsaw and Cabinet saw as well.
Good luck.
Cheers,
cc