Christopher Tidy

Default New machine in development(can I borrow a few hundred grand?)

Jim Stewart wrote:
Tom Gardner wrote:

Here's my version of a super-model driving a Ferrari on her way to
pick me up for a night on the town.
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/brush_machine.jpg

5 axis, high speed staple-set brush machine that a company in the good
'ole USA is getting ready to introduce into the market. 5 axis!!! I
could probably put tufts in an Escher construct!!! This will
specialize in very intricate short-run to 24-7 production. It will
NOT be available to ANYBODY outside the USA! This company has
supplied me for generations with equipment (that I severely
*******ized) and they are my very good friends.

Looking at that machine is like eating
an ice cream sundae.

Now if only that were a custom 5-axis ice cream sundae machine.

Imagine the number of people who'd be buying a second helping, just to
watch the machine work.

Actually, has anyone seen the ice cream machine in the basement of MIT's
Infinite Corridor?

http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/2000/icecreamaliens/

When I was in the States I saw this machine in person. And I bought a
second helping!

Chris