Default Fastenal VS Grainger

Thanks to all for your responses. It was for a little research on my
end more than anything. To be honest, I have worked for one, for about
10 years, not any more, I left recently. Guess which one., LOL

Having been an Industy insider for so many years I can give feedback
from a little different point of view. McMaster I think has the best
availability. 99.9% of what they have in that book is avail for same
day shipping. But I believe, much like MSC, they have a minimum
order. Johnstone is ok from what I have heard from customer, more of
an HVAC shop more than anything, all are independently owned and
operated.

Watch your prices at Grainger, they just rolled out a new pricing
structure, ask your rep about it. Basicly, if you aren't spending
more than $10K a year, your discount will be about 0, or pretty close,
the idea is to consolidate all your pruchases with one supplier and
save, as long as they can deliver, good luck on that one. Also, not
the most technically proficient staff, if you don't know that 5 digit
part number when you come to the counter or call, you are somewhat of
a burden on them, I've seen some pretty bad service scenerios , unless
you have a customer service person who knows what they are doing,
thats about 2% of their customer facing staff, your on your own..
Their tech support is pretty good as an alternative. They do have a
great discount program for customers, as long as you can prove you are
a legit contractor.

Fastenal, nuts and bolts, thats their thing, anything you want,
and if they dont have it, they can make it. Don't have alot of
experience with them.

Questions? Feedback. Tell me some experiences, good and bad. I'd
really like to hear.

FJJ