Alex

Default What relay for temperature controller?

Here is the link, model CN3001:
http://www.omega.com/Temperature/pdf/CN3000.pdf

is this one dry or wet?

Thanks,
Alex

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
Do you have the manual ? or can get a pdf off a web ?

It might mean 2 amp 'electro-motive' relay or else.
You need to find out if it is a dry or wet output - e.g does it supply
voltage
and if so - what voltage. If dry, the contacts are thrown - you supply
supply
and the relay coil and sink. This is often done when the relay is far
away.

Remember surge currents - currents of 10x value can occur when the
windings are
cool.

Martin

Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Alex wrote:

A temperature controller I want to buy has a 2A EMR output.
Can anyone explain me what relay I would need?

I am building Heat Treat oven(220V temp. up to 2200F)

Thanks,
Alex

News==----
Newsgroups