Tom Gardner

Default New machine in development(can I borrow a few hundred grand?)

Here's my version of a super-model driving a Ferrari on her way to pick me
up for a night on the town.
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/brush_machine.jpg

5 axis, high speed staple-set brush machine that a company in the good 'ole
USA is getting ready to introduce into the market. 5 axis!!! I could
probably put tufts in an Escher construct!!! This will specialize in very
intricate short-run to 24-7 production. It will NOT be available to ANYBODY
outside the USA! This company has supplied me for generations with
equipment (that I severely *******ized) and they are my very good friends.

The best complement I EVER had was at a convention and there were a bunch of
people around this company's booth. The owner was explaining the virtues of
a new machine design to prospective buyers. As I approached the booth, he
said: "I'll just send one of these to Tom for six months and then we'll
know what it can REALLY do." I blushed...

There is a possible collaborations with one or two of my machine designs
that they would produce and market. When I retire, I have threatened to set
up a cot in their lab.