Mike

Default OT Handling customer Truck Repair.

Doing some engine repair on a Dodge truck . Mechanic slips and grabs the fan
shroud to prevent falling. Shroud breaks. Upon investigation the shroud was
already broke and epoxied by customer and we just finished it off. We tell
customer we will repair shroud by riveting sheet metal (metal
content)underneath plastic and paint. Job comes out stronger than new. We
tell customer if he is not happy with the repair we will replace the shroud
for free even though it was already broke.
Customer comes in and demands a new shroud and we say O.K. then he looks
over the truck and leaves , comes back 15 minutes later and says the grill
is damaged where it attaches at the top. One corner is broken where the
screw goes through. We didn't do it. I reply by saying we can make a repair
by using fender washers which will cover the crack. He's not happy.
We tell him to take the truck and the repair is free, $200 down the tube.
He's not happy, we're not happy. What would you do?