Default Q: realtor's commission - Denver metro?

What is the going rate right now? 5%, 6%, 7% ?

1. I'm trying to sell my house in Broomfield, CO (asking around $215K),
and I have a realtor that a friend recommended. Looks like the realtor
is a pretty experienced, reputable guy. He gave me the Exclusive
Right-to-Sell contract paperwork to sign - in the commission section
he'd printed 7%, then crossed it out with a pen and wrote 6%. Is that a
psychological trick that he's playing to make me feel I should be happy
I'm only paying 6% ?

(There's also a clause in the contract that the listing agent will get
2.8% of the gross sale price.)

I should point out that I'm planning to use the same guy to buy my new
house (also in Denver Metro.) So I'm wondering if I should mention that
when trying to negotiate a lower commission (cuz he's getting more
business from me.)

What is a lowest comission I should be reasonably able to negotiate? 4,
5%?

2. Also, the listing period he put down in the contract ends on March
31, 2006 - 5 months out. Is that normal, or a little too long (another
point I should negotiate?)

3. One last thing: Under Additional Provisions:
"At the time of closing the Seller agrees to pay RE/MAX a one time
transaction fee of $545"
Is that BS - one of those junk fees I should tell the guy to take out?

TIA for your advice.