Todd H.

Default Installing a bathroom exhaust fan and the proper way to vent it...

Jim writes:
I forgot to mention that the attic is well ventilated just with the
existing soffits and ridge vent. Everytime I go up there, I can feel a
slight breeze. I've always been puzzled as to how this would cause a
moisture problem in the attic. After all during a rainstorm, the air
that gets pushed through the soffits is loaded with humidity. I'm sure
it's at least 90%.

Regardless of the attic breeze or no, you don't want to vent into the
attic--if for no other reason that most home inspectors will flag it
in a heartbeat, regardless of how much ventilation. A roof cap is the
way to go.

--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/