Jim

Default Installing a bathroom exhaust fan and the proper way to vent it...

On 11 Nov 2005 14:12:37 -0600, (Todd H.) wrote:

Jim writes:

All,

I need a little advice from those that have installed bathroom exhaust
fans and the proper way to vent them. I am in the process of
deciding if I should just vent the fan into the attic

No no no!

Unless you like mold having a nice damp place to call home in your
attic.

I had two of these corrected on my current home when I
purchased it. They are now properly vented with roof caps. The
soffit thing might work too.

I forgot to mention that the attic is well ventilated just with the
existing soffits and ridge vent. Everytime I go up there, I can feel a
slight breeze. I've always been puzzled as to how this would cause a
moisture problem in the attic. After all during a rainstorm, the air
that gets pushed through the soffits is loaded with humidity. I'm sure
it's at least 90%.