Jim

Default Installing a bathroom exhaust fan and the proper way to vent it...

All,

I need a little advice from those that have installed bathroom exhaust
fans and the proper way to vent them. I am in the process of
deciding if I should just vent the fan into the attic or cut a
hole/holes in the soffit and have the ducting terminate at this
opening. One other option is to install a pvc T fitting in an
existing plumbing vent and have it vent through the roof. Is the last
method acceptable in most areas as far as the building codes?

If I drill 6 or 7 1/2 inch holes in a 4'' diameter circle through
the aluminum soffit and tape the end of the fan duct to the soffit at
this location, will thismethod be sufficient to vent the fan? The
problem I have is that the roof line is about 35-40 feet high so the
only way I can access the soffits is through the attic.

thanks