mm

Default Major Screwup by Gas Company - House Explodes

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 04:07:43 GMT, "CKI"
wrote:

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

A demonstration of why I'm happy we use heat pumps in our home occurred
yesterday when a house in the next town to ours was destroyed by a gas
explosion.

The news reports today said that the gas company (Keyspan) admitted that
some kind of goof caused high pressure gas to be fed into to low
pressure gas mains, with not unexpected results.

http://tinyurl.com/bdupq

Nuff said,

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

The house would have to be permeated with gas for an explosion like this.
The owners had to be out to lunch or out of town.

I think one basement room filled with gas would be enough. How long
it takes to fill a room to that degree I don't know, but apparently it
is no more than the time from the "POP" to the explosion.

When the air force bombs a building, they don't have to set of little
bombs throughout the building. A bomb that explodes in one room will
do.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.