BobS

Default Christmas present

Seeing as he may be interested in wood turning since he owns a lathe, a
bandsaw would be a good fit whether he's a turner or wants to get more into
building furniture.

Grizzly has a selection that will fit your budget
http://www.grizzly.com/products/item...000&sort=price and
still be of good quality.

Jet has some rebates going on (see their home page but this shows a
selection of bandsaws. You can always do a web search using the model number
to find out the price, shipping, availability - such as www.amazon.com,
www.rockler.com, and plenty of others.

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/index.cf...s&vid=1&CID=72

Delta is another good name:

http://www.deltamachinery.com/index.asp?e=136&p=903

A 14" enclosed base with a 1hp (or greater) is within your budget. If you
shop wisely, you can find rebates, and specials such as free shipping this
time of the year. But don't hold off to the last minute. Obviously there's
a gazillion potential gift suggestions but a bandsaw is one of the most
versatile tools around.

Bob S.

"Wanda Pangborn" wrote in message
reenews.net...
Hey woodworkers,
My husband is interested in furniture making and I think he used to lurk
this group. I found it was one of the ones he subscribed to anyway.

Understand forthright that I don't know anything about the wood working
biz.
I want to get him a really versatile piece of equipment for Christmas. He
has some kind of lathe, but I don't know what exactly it is. I know he
talks
about saws a lot.

Can you guys give me a good idea what I should spend about 5-600 dollars
on?
I want him to have something nice and of quality, so it doesn't have to be
big table saw or something. I'm wanting to get him a quality gift he will
appreciate. It could even be hand tools or something.

Please let me know brand name, cost, etcetera.

Thanks!

Wanda