Default Christmas present

Wanda Pangborn wrote:
Hey woodworkers,
My husband is interested in furniture making and I think he used to lurk
this group. I found it was one of the ones he subscribed to anyway.

Understand forthright that I don't know anything about the wood working biz.
I want to get him a really versatile piece of equipment for Christmas. He
has some kind of lathe, but I don't know what exactly it is. I know he talks
about saws a lot.

Can you guys give me a good idea what I should spend about 5-600 dollars on?
I want him to have something nice and of quality, so it doesn't have to be a
big table saw or something. I'm wanting to get him a quality gift he will
appreciate. It could even be hand tools or something.

Please let me know brand name, cost, etcetera.

Thanks!

Wanda

hopefully your hubby isn't Kenneth.

not enough information to really give you good advice about what to get
him. for instance, we don't know what tools he has now or what kind of
work he is doing and what work he wants to do. I'd say get him a gift
certificate to a good tool store, a local brick and mortar
establishment in your hometown if possible, where he can walk in and
look stuff over in person and talk to real live people about what he
needs.