John2005

Default Request for advice regarding cantilevered mounted bearing housing, deflections and shaft stresses

Hi guys,

Thanks for the additional feedback.

The DU material would probably work well as a thrust washer. I also
found a similar self lubricating material at www.peerinc.com (FB
material) that has a PV rating of 140,000 PSI * FPM completely dry. I
considered using the peer "FB" split bushings in the housing, instead
of needle rollers, but they don't tolerate misalignment as well as
needle rollers, and the radial clearances are larger.

I should be able to find something that acts as a decent and cost
effective thrust washer. I don't think there would be much axial force
on the thrust washer.

Thanks for the links on the bearing greasers, I should be able to rig
something up for these small bearings.

Sincerely,
John