Spehro Pefhany

Default Update on machinist trainee

On Wed, 09 Nov 2005 16:01:15 GMT, the renowned "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message I
hear outsourcing to China and India is popular.

I don't have a market for foreign stuff other than chip brushes and the
Stainless Steel toothbrushes, neither of which is made in the US anymore.
75% of my stuff goes into the food service trade now.

Stainless toothbrushes, eh?

Well, what you can do is change the packaging. First you need a nice
big waving US flag for the background, then in BIG letters OHIO BRUSH,
perhaps with an outline of the Buckeye state. Then you need a photo of
a satisfied-looking white guy holding the product. The markings "made
in China" should be on the back and in the legal minimum point size. I
know some guys in Ukraine who can put the graphics together (probably
using pirated Adobe software). If you bristle (hahah) at the idea,
just think you'll probably be getting the finished product at the same
price as the raw materials, no more hassles with production workers,
and you'll be able to buy a shiny new Lexus with the improved bottom
line.

You could also try to change the system, but you know d*** well we'll
both be long dead before that happens.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany