tillius

Default Update on machinist trainee

This is the number commonly quoted. It's very much
in line with my experiences.

That must be related to overhead involved in dealing with unions, I
don't know because I've never had to deal with unions. I know my own
experience, including owning my own network engineering and software
dev firm for 12+ years, our burden rates were about 30% and that
included a full benefits package (vac, sick leave, insurance), 401K
match, employers share of FICA, unemployment cost and loss of
productivity for the few slackers we occasionally ended up with.

I suppose if I divided all of my other overhead per employee it would
be closer to 60%.

The consulting firms and supply chain/distribution firms I've worked
for in the past 8 years all ran with about a 30% burden rate as well.

It's interesting that your experience is so different.

Tillman