Roger Hamlett

Default LEST WE FORGET

"Jim Thompson" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 11:18:59 -0500, Spehro Pefhany
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 08:02:14 -0500, the renowned Brian Lawson
wrote:

Hey Guys and Gals,

Today is Remembrance Day in Canada.
I don't know what the "11th Hour, of the 11th Day, of the 11th Month"
is called in other countries, but the name is not so important as the
need.

We Remember.

sed added

"Pete" posted this last year at this time, and I'd like to repeat it:

http://www.army.dnd.ca/chief_land_st...lish/video.asp

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

In the States it's called Veterans' Day

Armistice day or Remembrance day in the UK (this is where it comes from,
with the First World War Armistice being signed on Nov 10th, but it took a
while for the news to filter through, and the last deaths occured around
11pm the next day - in fact it was a Canadian at 10:58, who is normally
ascribed as the last Commonwealth casualty of this War). The final bugle
calls for 'cease fire', occured around 11am on the 11th November 1918.
We also normally use 'Remembrance Sunday', for the Sunday afterwards, when
services are held at the Cenotaph, 'in remembrance'.

Best Wishes