Lurch

Default Electrical problem

On or around Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:21:12 -0000, "Mogweed"
mused:

"Lee" wrote in message
Mogweed wrote:

so no short-circuits, but yet the RCD trips. What's the problem - more
importantly, what's the solution to the problem? )

Have you checked for a misplaced neutral?
'Tis a common mistake on a split load CU...

Lee

Ah, now then, I haven't checked for that - mainly because I didn't know that
a neutral could be misplaced. They all go to a common bar don't they?

Nope, seperate neutral bars for RCD and non-RCD circuits. Did the
circuit ever work? If it did, then the misplaced neutral idea is wrong
as that would trip the RCD from day one.
--
| Stuart @ SJW Electrical. Please Reply to group. |