Andy

Default hotpoint dc27

"powerstation" wrote in message

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 00:19:20 GMT, wrote:

On 10 Nov,
"Andy" wrote:

"kate" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi
We are just out of the warranty of this dishwsher and now have
another
problem.
When we turn it on, it goes through the prewash cycle, and empties.
Then once it begins the wash cycle it stops and it sounds as though

the
motor is trying to start but failing. We have checked that there is
nothing caught and emptied everything out but still no luck. The
light
on the prewash remains solid green but if you leave it long enough
the
wash light flashes green.
Any ideas of what could be causing this?
Thanks, any ideas appreciated.
Kate

You could check the motor brushes to see if they are worn down. I had
problem with a washing machine that would stop occasionally and not
get
going again, yet if you took the back off and ( carefully ) spun the

drum
drive wheel aroud, the motor would burst into life, accompanied by a

fair
amount of sparking ( due to the poor brush/commutator contact ).

Remember
to pull the plug out if you're poking around inside with the brushes.

Do dishwashers have motors with brushes? In 30 years of owning a

dishwasher
I've never had brush failure, but on average I'd say I'd only had 2-3

years
out of a set of washing machine brushes.

The circulation pump motor sitting on my desk doesn't have brushes...

They dont and never have.

Oops my mistake, I didn't read the post properly, I thought it was a washing
machine!

Andy.