Mike Clarke

Default Earth bonding...

In article om, Dave
Liquorice wrote:

The important thing is that they all float together. If they aren't
bonded then your bath taps could be at one voltage and the radiator
another.

Although he house I've recently bought has the gas and water bonded and
earthed at the point of entry there's no bonding in the bathroom. It
will be quite straightforward to bond the washbasin taps and radiator
together. Bonding the hot and cold bath taps together will be no problem
but making a direct connection between these and the washbasin would be
an untidy and tedious job. The positioning of the basin and bath is such
that only a suicidal contortionist would be likely to touch the taps on
both at the same time, do I really need to join the two groups?

I'm also wondering if I need to bond the supply pipe to the toilet
cistern, it comes out of the wall a couple of inches below the cistern
and goes straight into the bottom of it and is well out of reach of any
other pipework?

I've checked the resistance of all exposed pipework to earth and it's
all less than 1 ohm.
--
Mike Clarke