Charlie Bress

Default Major Screwup by Gas Company - House Explodes

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

A demonstration of why I'm happy we use heat pumps in our home occurred
yesterday when a house in the next town to ours was destroyed by a gas
explosion.

The news reports today said that the gas company (Keyspan) admitted that
some kind of goof caused high pressure gas to be fed into to low pressure
gas mains, with not unexpected results.

http://tinyurl.com/bdupq

When I lived just a few towns away from the town where this happened, the
gas company had a slogan "Go modern, go gas".
We already had gas heat, hot water, cooking etc. The house two doors away
blew up.
The slogan became " Go gas, go modern, go boom".

Charlie