Peter K.

Default How to measure contactlessly position of a spinning miniature cylindrical magnet?

CWatters wrote:

"John Fields" wrote in message

Didn't you bother to read the thread?

It's _implanted_.

Only 10mm deep though. Try shining a torch through your hand. I'm sure I
read that someone was trying to use light to replace some hospital x-rays.
They were experimenting with using sensitive sensors similar to those used
by optical telescopes. Probably wouldn't work for this application but it
might not as daft as you imply.

I'm with you. I've seen strange and subtle things happen with different
lighting conditions and different sensors... all in the optical or
near-optical range (i.e. not X-ray).

I'm not sure it WILL work, however I am certain it's worth
investigating.

Ciao,

Peter K.