Default looking to make a motorized...

John Fields wrote:
On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:37:06 +1300, Jasen Betts
On 2005-10-23, wrote:

What do I need (relays? gears?) to have a small electric motor turn on
via a timer, run for the few seconds needed to raise a small (10 x 14
inch) piece of wood via string and pulley (door to a chicken coop),
turn itself off, then turn on again via timer hours later and run in
the opposite direction to lower (close) the door and turn itself off
until it's time to tbe turned on again?

No end-of-travel sensors or is that what you meant by "other
hardware"?

cant help wondering if he was thinking the chickens would do that :/
Seriously, one would need strip sensors rather than just microwitches,
since one has to sense chickens as well as open/closed positions.

What strikes me though is I cant think what use this automated hatch
would be if you dont know which side the chickens will be on when it
closes. Even if you mounted a timed firework display to get them to go
in, theyd soon get used to it.

NT