mac davis

Default computer controlled lathes

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 09:26:59 -0600, "Barry N. Turner"
wrote:

Nope. If we had computer-controlled lathes...........anybody could do this
stuff. As it is, we spend half a lifetime learning how to do something a
12-year old kid could program a computerized lathe to do in 15 minutes.

Barry

But there IS a subtle difference, Barry...

One of my neighbors is a life-long machinist... he has said many times that the
difference between our "skills" is that he could take a bowl or something that
I've turned and make as many exact copies as he wanted too...
The difference he sees is that he wouldn't have a clue on how to make the first
one... The "creative part" as he calls it..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing