Arch

Default a _long musing about turned 'novelties'.

Hi Ruth, Remember those purple & yellow signs interposed with Burma
Shave wisdom strung out on U.S.1 for miles to go before we rested at a
B. Lloyd's emporium? We bought cotton candy and stale coffee, souvenirs
and post cards of old Florida. Curators of famous museums, the rich and
famous and Ivy League intellectuals also stopped and bought the same
trinkets we did and like us claimed they were presents for the kids.

Those of you who never followed the old Florida 'trails of trash' had
other sources of cheapie chic along other hiways.These beloved emporiums
have all moved to booths in shopping malls and the trinkets have changed
while remaining the same.

Whatever, the urge to buy Cracker Jacks to get the prize and discard the
popcorn is in most of us, so I just answered my own questions, although
I don't know what I said. Maybe someone does?

Turn to Safety, Arch
Fortiter