Mike Martin

Default Miller O/A torch questions

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 04:42:03 +0000, Keith Marshall wrote:

I sauntered out to the shed and took said photos, sent them to him, and
got a quick answer back. "We don't make that model anymore, it's been
obsolete for at least 20 years".

That's odd considering how much it looks like this brand new one for sale on
eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Lincoln-Elec...QQcmdZViewItem

I looked, they had a link to the original item at Sears, it has a zoomed
picture, they are similar but not the same. If I had the extra C note I'd
just go to the local welding supply and get a new torch body and cutting
attachment that I could get new tips for but I'm on a fairly tight budget.
(interestingly, the cutting attachment I have uses tips I can buy new
still, they are standard 6290-# tips (I have a #1 in it))

I don't know how it's attached and I'm hardly an expert on the subject
but I wouldn't trust it. I would either take it to a repair shop or I'd
buy a new head. They're not that expensive especially on eBay if you
know which one you need. The diameter of the tourch handle is probably
enough to be sure you're getting the right one.

If I had a model # for this torch body it might well be that easy, but
when I asked the guy at Harris he never replied. I'm going to send him a
reminder email I think.

Or you can pick up a whole new torch since any standard torch will
connect to your hoses and regulators. They should have standard "B"
connectors that will fit Victor, Harris, Airco, Generico or even any of
the cheap chinese import Victor clones.

I have a bunch of Victor cutting tips so I might just see about picking
up an inexpensive Victor or clone...

Thanks!
Mike