powerstation

Default Gas oven - flexible gas pipe NOT allowed!

Bizzarre or what? Anyone able to shed any light on this?

I've only fitted one gas oven and I used a flexible connection that was a
few years back. However I do note that the safety guidelines as found in
some recent (2005) gas fitting texts state that rigid pipework is to be
used.

The only way I can think this might be achievable is to make the
service isolator accessible in an adjacent cupboard (say). Then make a
compression joint behind the oven accessible from an adjacent cupboard.
Thus the pipe can be disconnected and the oven removed.

I really need more info why the flexible hose is not permitted here.

Temperature