The Wanderer

Default Electric meter reading period

On 11 Nov 2005 04:01:53 -0800, wrote:

The Wanderer wrote:
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 19:54:45 -0000, Colin Wilson wrote:

Can anyone explain what is going on

a) the government made a ******** of things
b) the companies all have to make a profit

Ahh, yes! where are all those people in the late 80's early 90's who were
saying 'Just wait till you lot are privatised. Things will be so much
better for the customer. Bit of competition will shake you lot up.'

My retort was always 'Yes, just you wait till we're privatised, and see if
you continue to get the same level of service you've become used to over
the years.' I don't hear too many people extolling the virtues of
privatisation these days......

That's because satisfied customers just get on with their lives. The
people who suffered were the employees.

I don't think I suffered - early retirement, a very generous golden
handshake, time to do the things I wanted with my life and with the money
to be able to afford them.....

What I could see, however, was an erosion of standards almost as soon as
privatisation was announced.

Discuss:-

Any company that publishes guaranteed minimum standards of service by
definition is unable to meet those standards.

--
the dot wanderer at tesco dot net