George E. Cawthon

Default I'VE BEEN HAD !!!

Bishoop wrote:
snip

You didn't mention whether your system is equipped with auxillary electric
heaters. (All our own systems are.) If you don't have them, then adding
them might be a good way for you to accomplish the rapid temperature rise
it seems you feel you are missing.

I second the suggestion of adding heat stirps if they are not already
installed. That will give you quick warmup and then you can switch to the
more effecient heat pump for maintaining the temperature you desire. If
they are installed your thermosat should have a switch labeled "Aux" or
something to that affect. That will activate the heat strips during times
when you want a quick heat up. Just remember to switch them off when the
space reaches your comfort zone.

The heat strips will come on automatically instead of the heat pump if the
outside temp is something lower that around 40*F.

That's the system I have here in Central Florida. The times when the house
has really cooled down in the "winter" the auxilliary heat (heat strips)
bring the home up to our comfort zone very quickly.

BTW, the heat strips are installed in the outside unit where the heat pump
is located.

Well, the PNW is not Florida, so heat strips
(auxiliary heat coils) are a must have. Any
installation without them is remiss. How would
you heat a house when the temp drops to 10 F if
you didn't have the auxillary heat coils? BTW, I
don't know for certain, but I think heat strips
are located in the air flow system. Heating the
compressor unit would be very inefficient.