Chris Webster

Default Compaq Presario not charging battery...

"JANA" skrev i melding
Check the charger circuit with a DVM to see if it is putting out voltage
the battery. If so, the battery must be replaced.

Most of the time, the failure in this case, is a defective battery.

As I said, we have tried with a brand new battery too, same result. I
mainly wanted to know if there is some kind of fuse or something in the
Compaq notebooks power supply management which may break in certain
situations. With all components being SMD it not much one can do without
proper equipment if there is a component failure.

Any clue how much a new powersupply (which I assume includes the charging
circuits, may cost?

Chris

--

JANA
_____

"Chris Webster" wrote in message
Hi,

A friend of mine has a Compaq Presario1200 which apparently has stopped
charging the battery. The mains power LED and battery charging LED lights
up when connecting the mains. However when I pull the mains plug the
computer shuts down immediately as if there was no battery at all. Same
behaviour with a brand new battery.

Any hints or tips highly welcome

regards

Chris