Luigi Zanasi

Default DIY Sawdust pelletising presses

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 18:27:16 -0600, "Morris Dovey"
scribbled:

Andy Dingley (in ) said:
| I've actually worked on commercial fag making machines. They were
| huge, ran extremely fast, but they didn't have much real
| compression to them.

DAGS for "Premier Supermatic". I think these are made in Canada - and
if you overload 'em and use real muscle, they'll produce a cigarette
so solid that it won't burn.

These are 'compress and inject' machines that insert a cylindrical
pellet of tobacco into a manufactured paper tube - not the same
approach as that taken with the 'roller' machines.

I don't suggest using a cigarette-maker as a fuel pellet producer -
but think that once you take a look at the mechanism, you'll see how
to make a simple (automatic, motorized) machine for making sawdust
fuel pellets. If you can't find one to examine locally, drop me an
e-mail and I'll send some pictures (but better that you should examine
one first-hand).

Andy, if you can't find one, I've got two or three around somewhere. I
could send you one.

Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...ct_Woodworking