Martin H. Eastburn

Default Spec 150 Hydraulic Oil Equivalent?

Generally ISO visc grade number - e.g. ISO 150 is the same across vendors and uses.
There are very specific versions however - low wear or such that might kick into
another level of quality.
Forklifts are in that higher level - high resistance to wear type - so for general use
it would be just a bit better.

If you have it already - try some. If not - go to the local petrol dealer in town -
you may have two or three - they provide oil and gas to the town or area. Mine
close by - has oil there in 200 gallon containers of dozens of oils. They provide
for many industries and an airport. Jet airplanes use different than a tractor....

But in general - if you mean 'cliker press' - a general purpose unit - and don't
know specs needed and they don't really matter - then yes I'd try some of the same
number - it might not have the needed additives. The oil guy is the expert.
Expect to buy a 5 gallon can - but it sounds like you would use it.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

gtslabs wrote:
I need to know the commercial equivalent of a Spec 150 hydraulic oil.
I have a cliker press to work on and was wondering if the same
hydraulic oil used in forklifts would be ok.
Thanks
Steve