P. Thompson

Default Major Screwup by Gas Company - House Explodes

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

A demonstration of why I'm happy we use heat pumps in our home occurred
yesterday when a house in the next town to ours was destroyed by a gas
explosion.

One possible freak accident causing your house being destroyed is slightly
reduced. What if the main in the street breaks and the gas follows up
your sewer trench into the house. It happened around here. You'd better
buy one of those composting toilets.

---
Lord, protect me from those to whom you speak directly
All salute the new age, and I hope nobody escapes