josh

Default The Window Pros - vinyl windows

"pwh" wrote
I am looking to replace the windows in my home. I live in Nebraska and
my windows are starting to get pretty leaky. I came across a company
called "The Window Pros", www.windowprosinc.com, who manufacture,
distribute, install and warranty their own windows. Everything about
them sounds pretty good, including the lifetime warranty, but I was
curious if anyone out there had any experience with them or any words
of advice for my search. The company seems to be predominant on the
east coat but is moving into the southern and midwestern states.
Thanks for any thoughts!

We have a company in my area, which manufacturers etc. They subcontract
their installations, to anyone looking for work.

Things to considers in a window, which the "Windows Pros" don't mention on
their site:

Virgin vinyl vs. Recycled vinyl. One can only _assume_ , Window Pros uses
recycled vinyl, because all reputable manufacturers are proud to say they
use _only_ virgin vinyl.

Interlock at meeting rails. Not mentioned.

Reinforcement in the meeting rails. Not mentioned.

Type of balances. Not mentioned. Cheaper manufactured windows use a spiral
balance, instead of constant force balance.

Balance covers. Not mentioned.

Weather stripping and protective bulbs. Not mentioned.

Vent locks. Not mentioned.

Sloped exterior sill. Not mentioned.

Cam locks and keepers. Not mentioned.

Beveled exterior main frame. Not mentioned.

Narrow or slim line sashes. Not mentioned.

Screen track system. Not mentioned.

Anyways, you get the point. They do mention something about a _miracle_
glass, that's an immediate red flag, even though glass can be coated for
repelling elements.