Lew Hodgett

Default Joke (Old:Mortality)

Charlie Self wrote:

Yabbut, first you gotta do Scotch, which was never my tipple, even in
my sorriest drinking days. Tasted like cough medicine without the
syrup, to me.

Now, the old Kaintuck corn...

No self respecting Irishman would even consider allowing scotch to touch
his lips.

Now OTOH, Jameisons Irish whiskey is quite another matter.

As a former scotch drinker, can understand how a sour mash drinker would
have a little trouble with it.

It definitely is one of the worlds best acquired tastes.

I keep a jug of Rebel Yell around for those who appreciate good sippin
whiskey.

Straight up, no ice, no chaser.

For those of you not familiar with Rebel Yell, it is 100 proof, Kentucky
sippin liquor, made in Louisville, KY and sold only South of the
Mason-Dixon.

It is definitely another of the worlds acquired tastes.

BTW, the story is an old Pat & Mike Joke.

Pat is on his death bed and his old friend Mike comes to see him.

Mike says, "Is there anything I can do for you old friend?"

Pat responds, "Not in this world, but after I'm gone, there is a bottle
of Irish in me closet. Would you mind sprinklin it on me grave?"

Mike asks, "Mind if I run it thru me kidneys first?"

Lew