Duane Bozarth

Default What to do with my 1hp delta shaper?

George wrote:

"Toller" wrote in message
So you are doing raised panels on a 1hp shaper? The other respondants
thought it was a bad idea. Does it have the power for it? Thanks.

14.5 amps - 1.5 HP nominal. not that it makes a big whoop. The 5" cutters
work just fine. I adjust my feed rate rather than taking two passes. You
can do two passes if you'd like. Note that 15 amps is 3HP in my Hitachi, 5
at Sears....

It is a pucker factor ten on a cutter that big, so guard it, and feed with
paddles and wooden fingers.

You run 5" OD cutters on the LD 1/2" spindle???? Man, you got more
_xxx_ than I...

I wouldn't have the courage to turn it on. Guess I'm leery owing to
experience in HS shop--see story in reply to nailshooter