Default DIY Sawdust pelletising presses

Andy Dingley wrote:
Anyone have experience of bulk sawdust disposal? I'm looking into the
possibility of a pelletising press as a way of turning useless sawdust
into a storable and possibly saleable pellet fuel. However all the
pellet presses I've seen have been huge and expensive, intended for use
by a pellet-making plant, rather than just intermittently disposing of
waste from a small timberyard.

I also note that meat-packing screw presses are cheap and commonplace
S/H, but sawdust pellet presses are anything but. Anyone heard of a DIY
conversion process ? I'm expecting that hard-facing the screws would be
needed, but a little engineering work is no problem.

There was a product called "woodettes" made in australia during the
1960-1970 era.

These were compressed sawdust about 3" in diameter and although
cylindrical in form would break apart in about 1" thick sections.

These seemed to be just sawdust, steamed and compressed.