R. Zimmerman

Default Miller O/A torch questions

I like Harris torches. I expect you can still get tips. If a silver
soldered joint is leaking like you describe you will have to get it serviced
at a torch repair center. If you drop it off at your local welding supplier
he will send it to a repair service. To avoid the middle man I would look
around for a outfit that services torches and nothing else.
They will tell you if the cost is excessive. Sometimes torches and
regulators are not worth repairing since you can purchase a new one for
less,
Randy

"Mike Martin" wrote in message
news So I talked to the customer support people for Miller torches, a nice guy
in the service department said if I sent him a photo of my unidentified
torch and cutting head he would let me know what it was so I could get the
right mixer and tips for welding. I told him it was probably old since I
got it when my uncle passed away... he assured me they make parts for even
the obsolete stuff.

I sauntered out to the shed and took said photos, sent them to him, and
got a quick answer back. "We don't make that model anymore, it's been
obsolete for at least 20 years".

I emailed him back to see if he could at least tell me the model # so I
could look for NOS and used stuff maybe... he never answered me. *sigh*

My yahoo photos has some pics of the handle and cutting attachment. There
are NO model #'s, letters, numbers, or symbols of ANY kind on the thing,
except where you screw on the hose and one side says "gas" and the other
side says "Ox". Some pics are posted at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ld_hro...r=18fe&.src=ph

Or http://tinyurl.com/ace23

In that pic of the handle I have the end covered with some masking tape
(to keep dirt and crap out) so it doesn't show the threads, I can take
another pic if needed.

Also, today when trying to cut some stuff I got a flame out of the
junction between the silver tube and the brass head of the cutting
attachment. I shut it off smartly and looked at it, it seems the joint is
failing there, how easy is this to repair? I think this is just silver
soldered isn't it?

Thanks for any help!
Mike in Warrensburg