Gunner

Default OMG-Gloat

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 01:47:41 GMT, "John Miller"
wrote:

If you're in a mind to 'improve' your gloat I might be interested in the
Miller wire feed rollers. I have a MM251 and it takes the rollers with the
3 slots that fit over tabs on the drive system. What size, $, etc?

JAMW

I think they are "23v" and "30v" marked. Ill double check. They are
now buried under a load of duck decoys.

Dont ask....sigh...

And Im supposed to work out of that truck.....

Gunner, contimplating the plus's and minus's of being a Master
Scrounger

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
I was over in the Van Nuys California area the other day, and took a
side trip into a residential area to bypass a bit of construction..and
saw a yardsale. As I passed it...out of the corner of my eye..I
thought I saw a welding mask sticking out of a box...so I spun a quick
Uie, and went back.

Sure enough..one of those ultra light tig type masks, but no harness.
The box it was in had various bits of welding Stuff, cans of cast iron
flux, a couple pairs of Tillman welding and tig gloves, some mig
contact tips, and a plastic box with what appeared to be several mask
lens filters. So I paid the nice older lady the $10 she wanted for
the stuff, stuck it in the back of my pickup and promptly forgot about
it until this morning.

I drug the box out, did a quick inventory.. , a number of miller Mig
wire rollers I cant use...etc., contact tips I can use, some welding
sleeves, chpping hammer...etc etc
.and opened the box with the lenses in it.....about 15 new American
Optical fitlers, from about shade 3 through shade 11, some new
splatter shields....and as I dug deeper..found 10 of the diopter
correction lenses that fit into your mask..from .5 through 3x...
(start Gloat Dance, Mk 1) and at the very bottom....two well packaged
filters that made me pause for a moment, before starting the Gloat
Dance Mk 5.....

a brand new Tradesman automatic darkening filter unit.."shade master"
3/10
http://pro-am.com/Catalog/Exec/produ...product_id=334

AND

a ArcOne Singles S240 autodarkening filter,
http://www.arc1weldsafe.com/autodark...m#supersingles

also new. It has both solar cells and sensor cells for power and
responds to a cigarette lighter flint while in full sun.

The Tradesmen doesnt have sensors that I can determine, and wont
respond to a lighter flint...so will have to try it with an actual arc
when I get home.

Happy happy Joy Joy!!!!

"Insert horrific picture of a big ugly bearded cowboy dancing around
the parking lot like an utter spazz..."

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner