Default Stainless steel rods

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:02:46 +0000 (UTC), "Lawrence Zarb"
wrote:

Harry,

It will be used to connect to a water alarm circuit which in turn is
connected to a water solenoid.
When I do my 20% water changes I have plumbed in a system that, via
carbon/water filters will fill up the tank directly from the mains by
opening a stopcock. the solenoid is there to stop the water when it
reaches a certain level (governed by the height of the rods) which shut
the water off, just in case I forget to turn the tap off. This is
because the water flow will be quite slow and it will take some time and
I donot want to be wating for the tank to fill up..

I use a mechanical float valve ( the type you find on humidifiers ) to
fill my storage tanks. You could probably modify a braket to fit on
the back of your aquarium to hold this in place. The only drawback is
that you will see a part of the float at the top of your water. Also
place a shut-off valve in line with your assembly.

have fun.