Fred

Default Condensing boiler (continued) - Told I cannot have as Cast iron Waste pipe - plot thickens!

wrote in message
Jerry wrote:

Totally agree about the scandal of aircraft getting tax-free fuel etc, but
that doesn't mean it's wrong to increase energy efficiency elsewhere,
especially as a government could, if it had the gonads, tackle the former
practically overnight whereas improving the energy efficiency of the
housing stock takes decades.

Tax of heating fuel and electricity in the UK is the lowest in Europe. If
Labour and Tory wets hadn't have voted against full VAT on heating fuel etc,
then I might have agreed with you. Airlines are taxed on landing and on
passengers.

If for airlines the taxes represented fuel used then this would be a
significant step forward.