George

Default What to do with my 1hp delta shaper?

"Toller" wrote in message
So you are doing raised panels on a 1hp shaper? The other respondants
thought it was a bad idea. Does it have the power for it? Thanks.

14.5 amps - 1.5 HP nominal. not that it makes a big whoop. The 5" cutters
work just fine. I adjust my feed rate rather than taking two passes. You
can do two passes if you'd like. Note that 15 amps is 3HP in my Hitachi, 5
at Sears....

It is a pucker factor ten on a cutter that big, so guard it, and feed with
paddles and wooden fingers.

Nice being able to run 80 feet of oak molding without fear of burning out
the router. Used the Ogee panel raiser to make the cuts.